Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, September 19, 2011

Here comes the bride...

Congrats to Melanie and Mark Collier on your wedding!!! I am honored to have done your cupcakes for you!


Melanie & Mark's Cupcake Tower

This wedding is the first wedding I have done since I started I Want Cupcakes.  It was a fun learning experience.  I am finding out time management when baking in larger quantities. Also a first for me, I worked with fondant.

Fondant...YOU are not so intimidating to me anymore!  Since Melanie was doing a fall themed wedding, she wanted flowers in certain colors on the top of her cupcakes. We searched and searched for the perfect PRE-MADE flowers...and found none! That's when I suggested to make them. Inside, i was a little worried. But, I did not want her to worry and I wanted her to have exactly what she wanted.



Thank GOD for the Internet. Because I was able to go on YouTube, look up "how to work with fondant" and found some great tutorials. And It worked. I learned techniques on coloring fondant, shaping, etc.

Hand Made Fondant Flowers
 I am proud of the work I did for my first time and I know the bride was  a happy bride with the cupcakes. And not only did they look beautiful, they tasted fantastic as well!


  

 




1 comment: